The NAAP Arab-American Scholarship
The 2018-2019 NAAP Arab-American Scholarship application is now closed. The NAAP Scholarship committee is now reviewing the applications, and will announce the winner in February, 2019.
This scholarship is awarded annually to a college student of Arab heritage who best exemplifies our mantra of “collective advancement”!
Make a tax exempt donation to the Arab-American Scholarship!
Donations to the Scholarship can be made by visiting our Scholarship fund page on the CAAP website. Alternatively, donations can be made by mail to CAAP with memo “NAAP AA SF” (mail to: 2651 Saulino Ct. Dearborn, MI 48120)”
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
Our roots as an organization are grounded in student activism, and this scholarship – crowd-sourced and funded by the community – is one way we can fulfill our promise to empower & support Arab students across the nation.
Who is eligible to receive the Scholarship?
NAAP Arab-American scholarship applicants should have demonstrated excellent academic achievement and an appreciation, understanding and promotion of his or her Arab-American identity to the student community at large.
The applicant must be:
- Of Arab heritage
- Enrolled in a university, college, or community college (2018-2019 year)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- A U.S. citizen, or a non-U.S. citizen living and/or studying in the U.S. at the time of application submission
- Participating in campus activities that embody NAAP’s philosophy and values, mission and goals
What is the Scholarship amount and when will it be awarded?
One student will be awarded $1,000 in February 2019.
When is the deadline to apply?
January 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT (only complete applications will be considered).
How to apply?
The application is now closed and the scholarship committee is reviewing the applications and will be announcing the winner in February, 2019.
The application requires the following information:
- Personal statement (written or video): The personal statement should explain how the student’s on-campus activity has embodied NAAP’s mantra of “Collective Advancement” through the execution of at least one of these five categories:
- Professional development;
- Community service;
- Student involvement;
- Social and cultural awareness;
- Political advocacy and engagement
- Proof of enrollment in the 2018 – 2019 School Year
- Academic transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Who makes the Scholarship selection?
A NAAP Arab-American Scholarship Committee, comprised of NAAP Board and long-time NAAP members, will review all applications and make the final impartial selection.
When will the Scholarship selection be made?
Where is the Scholarship Fund administered?
The charitable fund is administered by CAAP – the Center for Arab-American Philanthropy, the only full-service Arab American philanthropic institution operating on a community foundation model in the country.
How can a donation be made to the Scholarship?
Donations to the Scholarship can be made directly to:
Donations to the Scholarship can be made by visiting our Scholarship fund page on the CAAP website. Alternatively, donations can be made by mail to CAAP with memo “NAAP AA SF” (mail to: 2651 Saulino Ct. Dearborn, MI 48120)“
Who has won the Scholarship in the past?
NAAP initiated its Arab-American scholarship award in 2014. Since that time, we are honored to have awarded scholarships to the following outstanding Arab-American student-leaders:
2014: Amal Elbakhar and Bader Jarai
2015: Tina Al-Khersan
2016: Mohamed Al-Arabi
2017: Noor Hillou
Learn more about Amal, Bader, Tina, Mohamed, and Noor here.