The NAAP Arab-American Scholarship
Our 2016 NAAP Arab-American Scholarship is now live! This scholarship is awarded annually to a college student of Arab heritage who be best exemplifies our mantra of "Collective Advancement"!
What is the purpose of this scholarship?
Our roots as an organization are grounded in student activism, and this scholarship - crowd-sourced and funded by the community - is one way we can fulfill our promise to empower & support Arab students across the nation.
Who is eligible to receive the Scholarship?
NAAP Arab-American scholarship applicants should have demonstrated excellent academic achievement and an appreciation, understanding and promotion of his or her Arab-American identity to the student community at large.
The applicant must be:
- Of Arab heritage
- Enrolled in a university, college, or community college (2016-2017 year)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- A U.S. citizen, or a non-U.S. citizen living and/or studying in the U.S. at the time of application submission
- Participating in campus activities that embody NAAP's philosophy and values, mission and goals
What is the Scholarship amount and when will it be awarded?
One student will be awarded $1,000.
When is the deadline to apply?
November 18, 2016 at 11:59 PM EDT (only complete applications will be considered).
How to apply?
Apply now here!
The application requires the following information:
- Personal statement (written or video): The personal statement should explain how the student's on-campus activity has embodied NAAP's mantra of "Collective Advancement" through the execution of at least one of these five categories:
- Professiona development;
- Community service;
- Student involvement;
- Social and cultural awareness;
- Political advocacy and engagement
- Proof of enrollement in the 2016 - 2017 School Year
- Academic transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Who makes the Scholarship selection?
A NAAP Arab-American Scholarship Committee, comprised of NAAP Board and long-time NAAP members, will review all applications and make the final impartial selection.
When will the Scholarship selection be made?
Where is the Scholarship Fund administered?
The charitable fund is administered by CAAP - the Center for Arab-American Philanthropy, the only full-service Arab American philanthropic institution operating on a community foundation model in the country.
How can a donation be made to the Scholarship?
Donations to the Scholarship can be made directly to:
Donations to the Scholarship can be made by visiting our Scholarship fund page on the CAAP website. Alternatively, donations can be made by mail to CAAP with memo "NAAP AA SF" (mail to: 2651 Saulino Ct. Dearborn, MI 48120)"
Donations to the Scholarship are tax-dedcutible to the maximum extent allowed by law.
Who has won the Scholarship in the past?
NAAP awarded the inaugural 2014 scholarship to two outstanding Arab-American student-leaders, Amal Elbakhar and Bader Jarai. Our 2015 scholarship was awarded to another remarkable Arab-American student, Tina Al-Khersan. Learn more about Amal, Bader, and Tina here.