NAAP chapters nationwide will be taking part in community service projects this Saturday, May 11th, as part of the 9th Annual Arab-American Service Day (#ArabServe).
“Service Day is an initiative dear to our hearts at NAAP. Since its inception by our friends at NNAAC almost a decade ago, all out chapters across the country have mobilized their volunteers to give back to communities around them.” Said NAAP President Sarab Al-Jijakli.
Given last year’s tremendous success, NAAP has set high expectations for this year’s Service Day and hopes to surpass them with the help of its supporters and members.
NAAP-Philadelphia chairperson, Bareeq Al-Barqawi, commented on coordinating this year’s NAAP-National effort, “It includes a little bit of everything. From Hurricane Sandy relief to Health Screenings, to holding Soup Kitchens. We’re really excited about the partnerships and projects we have this year.”
Here is a list of projects across NAAP chapters nationwide:
– Boston in partnership with the Center for Arabic Culture.
– Chicago in partnership with Arab American Family Services.
– DC in partnership with the Arab American Institute and the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
– Houston in partnership with the Arab American Cultural Community Center.
– LA in partnership with ACCESS California Services.
– NY (Rockaways Queens) in partnership with the Arab American Association of NY.
– NY (Staten Island) in partnership with the Sandy Yellow Team.
– Philadelphia in partnership with Al-Bustan and Arab-American Development Corporation.
For questions or to suggest a service opportunity, please e-mail us.